Links and Helpful Resource
Catalog for Grundy County Library…
Missouri Libraries 2 Go…
- Download Audiobooks and eBooks, anytime, anywhere
- Best Sellers and Classics Available
- Available 24/7 from our website
- Automatic return: No late fees!
- All you need is an Internet connection and a library card
STEP 1 – Browse
STEP 2 – Check Out
STEP 3 – Download
Our largest eBook collection! Find great reads for kids, teens, and adults including fiction and nonfiction.
The Learning Express Library
Over 300 free, online practice tests for academic and job certification. Find ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement, ASVAB, HiSET, LSAT, GRE, Postal Worker, Cosmetology, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Nursing Assistant and many more! Lessons and study aids for 5th grade to adult to improve Math, Science, Social Studies, and English Language arts skills. College Prep Center includes SAT, ACT, ASVAB practice tests and many other resources. Learn about careers and find practice tests for occupation exams.
*Create your account at the library then you can access from home.
- Access the Learning Express Library! You must enter your library card number in the “Username” field after creating your account at the library then you can access from home.
- Computer Skills Center: Video courses are the fastest and easiest way to learn how to use a computer. Use the materials in this center to learn the basics of computers, from searching the Internet to using popular programs for word processing, creating spreadsheets and databases, implementing design and more.
- Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success
- Resume and Cover Letter Builder: More than 200 expert-developed resumes covering a range of occupations and preparation levels. Build your own or filter templates.
Vetnow: Our Brainfuse VetNow navigators help veterans and their families understand and apply for the benefits they are eligible for from local, state, or federal programs. From housing and health care to education, mental health, and more, Brainfuse VetNow navigators are ready to help.
TumbleBooks provides access to online, animated talking picture books.
Ebsco ebooks: eBook Public Library Collection Find over 33,000 downloadable eBooks that includes fiction and non-fiction titles for both adults and juveniles. A wide range of subjects and topics are covered including self-help, Health & Fitness, Games, Crafts & Hobbies, Cooking, Family, Marriage and Religion. (EBSCO) *If accessing from home you will be prompted for your library card number
Newspapers and Magazines: (EBSCO) Explora – General Research Find the latest news articles and consumer information like Consumer Reports and top news magazines. *If accessing from home you will be prompted for your library card number.
Research links below for K-12 Resources: *If accessing from home you will be prompted for your library card number.
- Science Reference Center: Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources. Topics covered include biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife. Science Reference Center also satisfies the demand for standards-based content by providing teachers and librarians with articles correlated to state and national curriculum standards.
- Explora Elementary: Find age appropriate magazines, non-fiction books, images and graphics.
- Explora Middle School: Find age appropriate magazines, newspapers, non-fiction books, images and graphics.
- Explora High School: Find magazines, newspapers, non-fiction books, academic journals, science reference materials and images suitable for High School and adult research.
- Read it! Read It! is designed for middle and high school students and adults who have a basic foundation in English grammar and reading but need adapted reading material for a variety of subjects. It offers resources to help build background knowledge, conduct research and improve study skills. (EBSCO)
Consumer Health Complete: Find content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. (EBSCO)
Teen Health and Wellness: This award-winning resource provides middle and high school students with up-to-date, nonjudgmental, self-help support. Articles are correlated to state, national and provincial standards. Topics covered include diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide, bullying and information. It has recently been updated to meet the needs of today’s teens and with new content on bullying, suicide, vaping, opioid abuse, gender identity, school safety, sexual harassment, COVID-19 and more. (Rosen Digital)
Digital Literacy: Empowers learners with digital citizenship skills to navigate today’s virtual landscape. Interactive activities guide students through project-based learning activities using digital tools to create podcasts, multimedia presentations, social media campaigns, and more. Database articles explore cyberbullying, digital research skills, citizen journalism, and more. (Rosen Digital)
Financial Literacy: Users will learn to manage credit and debt, save and invest with confidence, plan for college and retirement and avoid fraud and scams. Financial Literacy is an online economics and personal finance resource specifically designed for students in grades 7–12, but can easily benefit adults. (Rosen Digital)
More resources available below: